• As the key member and leader of the NCSY Finance team, contribute toward its goals of ensuring accurate and timely financial records, providing credible financial advice, and developing appropriate strategies for NCSY (approximately $50 million financial operation)
• Assist NCSY Management with strategic analysis of results by identifying opportunities for revenue growth and cost savings long term.
• Proactively identify areas with inefficiencies and work to streamline financial processes, reporting, and activities. This includes evaluating existing reports and systems and making recommendations as to improvements to better streamline reporting and information flow.
• Hire and supervise a group of regional financial personnel who are each responsible for supporting and overseeing NCSY regional finances.
• Work effectively as part of two teams: the NCSY management team and the OU Finance team.
• Oversee the classification and reconciliation of all NCSY finances (revenue and expenses)
• Work closely with NCSY Summer (a $16 million department of NCSY) on all matters of financial planning including: budget management, revenue recognition, expense reconciliation, and closing books in an efficient and timely manner.
• Apply analytical skills and business acumen to departmental activities to proactively identify actionable opportunities, offer recommendations and effect their implementation.
• Partner with and develop strong relationships with other functional teams across the organization.
• Analyze and review all of NCSY’s monthly results against budget, (both nationally and the regions) in as close to real-time as possible, with accurate projections
• Utilize the OU accounting software to research variances
• Work with the OU Finance Department and NCSY to resolve any questions or open items.
• Prepare projections and track results of significant national programs according to projections.
• Prepare initial budget reports for NCSY’s senior management.
• Work in tandem with NCSY senior management to refine and present an annual budget to the OU’s senior management and lay leadership.
• Assist programs with formal grant requests and donor solicitations by compiling financial information and reports.
• Provide ongoing support and advice to NCSY senior leadership and 12 regional directors regarding best practices for financial activities and budgeting.
• Work with each region’s administrative staff and regional director to ensure timely and accurate submission of local financial activity.